Ideas for Latasha’s Date & Tamarind Chutney
Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney is a beautifully balanced mix of deliciously sweet, spicy and tangy flavours. Use it liberally and with creative imagination.
- Drizzle liberally over roast or grilled vegetables.
- Serve on a cheese platter with soft cheeses including Brie, blue, Boursin or goat’s cheese.
- Baste chicken fillets or thigh cutlets, koftas, veggie kebabs, fish or crab cakes before grilling then serve as a relish on the side.
- As a dipping sauce for mixed fruit kebabs.
- Baste lamb cutlets while grilling.
- Use it over pan fried, baked or grilled meatballs served on cucumber slices.
- Mix with yoghurt to make a dip and serve with fresh crisp vegetables and crackers.
- Add 1-2 tbsp to casseroles to liven up and add depth to the flavour.
- Use at Christmas time on festive platters of bbq or roast turkey, pork, ham or duck.
- Marinate chicken wings and make sticky date chicken wings.
- Drizzle over sliced cucumber and tomatoes.
- It is the perfect accompaniment to Biriyani, Coriander and Korma Curries.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.