Homestyle Seafood Keralan Coconut Fish
Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste makes a tangy tamarind flavoured sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 800 g fish cutlets or fillets – pink snapper, red emperor, barramundi, cod, kingfish cutlets, swordfish
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, softened in warm water
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste
- ½ cup of water or more
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato, 1 green and 1 red chilli, slit lengthways
- 2 cups of light coconut milk (may be diluted from coconut cream or coconut milk)
- Optional vegetables 2 pieces okra, 1 small long eggplant – add a few pieces of each of these vegetables
- Fresh coriander or curry leaves, lemon juice
- Coat fish pieces with mixture of salt and turmeric powder and leave aside for about a half hour in the fridge. Pan fry fish until just cooked.
- Heat oil in wok or saucepan, when oil is fairly hot, toss in mustard seeds to splutter and crack open, add curry leaves and sliced tomatoes.
- Lower heat to medium, add Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste and stir continually on gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water followed by the sliced fresh green and red chillies. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding optional vegetables along with the coconut milk. Bring all to boil, then simmer until vegies are cooked.
- Add pan fried or just fresh fish pieces and simmer for a couple of minutes until the oil appears at the top of the curry.
- Add lemon juice. Garnish with fresh coriander or curry leaves and serve.