Indonesian Turmeric Fried Chicken
Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste is a delicious, nutty hand blended paste with fresh ingredients, spices and herbs – ideal with chicken, turkey, lamb and seafood.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste
- 1 kg chicken drumettes
- Salt to taste
- Gluten free soya sauce
- Few pandan leaves, shredded
- 125ml coconut cream
- Rice bran oil for deep-frying
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup lupin flakes
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Lime juice, fried shallots, chopped coriander leaves or shredded kaffir lime leaves, 2 tbsp kerisik (toasted coconut), 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
- In a bowl, mix together Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste, pandan leaves, a dash of soya sauce, lime juice, salt and coconut cream until smooth.
- Add chicken, coat well with mixture and leave to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, whisk 3 egg yolks in a bowl and combine lupin and coconut flakes on a platter ready for coating the chicken.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer until very hot. Dip chicken pieces in egg wash, then coat with lupin and coconut flakes, shake off residue then add chicken pieces to the fryer and cook until crispy. Continue with remaining chicken making sure the oil is hot each time.
- Garnish with lime juice, fried shallots, coriander or kaffir lime leaves and fresh red chillies.
Note: Boneless chicken pieces, chicken tenderloins, cutlets or breast can also be used. It can be shallow pan-fried, oven baked or grilled
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.