Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar with Crispy Bacon, Pear & Rocket Salad
- 4 rashers bacon
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 1 slice bread, chopped into small cubes
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handful rocket leaves, baby spinach or mixed salad leaves
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Soft goat’s cheese, marinated feta or crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop bacon into small pieces and put under medium grill till crispy. Set aside.
- Lightly dry toast pine nuts in a pan. Set aside.
- Put 2 tablespoons of Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil into a frying pan and heat. Add bread mixture and fry for 2 minutes or until light golden brown, turning once.
- Wash and prepare all fruit, tomatoes, salad leaves and mint and toss together in a bowl. Transfer salad into a large open salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with bacon, crumbled cheese or feta and toasted pine nuts. Add crispy bread croutons.
- Drizzle Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over salad.