Thai Green Meatball Curry
Meatballs are a bit of a throwback to the 1970s but they were never this good!! A quick, easy and mighty tasty dish and turned out fantastic!
Ingredients (Serves 2 or 3)
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ leek (discard tough, dark green ends)
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste*
- Good handful of green beans, cut into smaller lengths as desired
- 500 ml beef or vegetable stock
- 200 ml (half a can) of coconut cream
- ½ head of broccoli, tough parts of stalk discarded and cut into smaller florets
- 4 asparagus, sliced as desired
- Good handful of baby spinach leaves
- 100 g egg noodles, cooked as per pack instructions
- 1 lime, quartered
- Handful of coriander for garnishing
- Instead of using a bowl to mix the above ingredients, I mixed them right there in the pan I was going to use to fry the meatballs! Mix all ingredients together then roll into ping pong ball-sized meatballs. Put on a plate until ready to fry.
- Heat the pan, add the oil then fry the meatballs, turning to seal all over. They don’t have to be 100% cooked through. Remove from pan and put on a plate, leaving the juices in the pan to fry the next ingredients.
- Slice the leek thinly and add to the meat juices in the hot pan. Stir and cook until soft and sticky, gathering the juices in the leeks. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste and allow to warm through to release the aromas. Add the meatballs back to the pan and coat in the curry paste.
- Add the beans to the pan then add stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer. Add broccoli and asparagus and simmer for 10 minutes then add zucchini to cook for another couple of minutes. At the very end, before serving, throw in the spinach leaves and stir through until wilted.
- To serve, add cooked noodles to each bowl (I skipped the noodles in mine) then simply ladle curry into a bowl, being sure to create a good balance of meatballs, vegetables and liquid. Garnish with lime wedges and coriander so each person can add to desired taste.
*NOTE: I prefer my dishes with tons of flavour so I use quite a lot of Latasha’s pastes in my cooking. For those who prefer a milder taste, simply use less paste. Latasha recommends 1 tbsp of paste for a dish that feeds two people and contains 500 g of your preferred protein.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.