Singapore Chicken Curry Laksa
I cooked Singapore Chicken Curry Laksa recently to use up some vegetables from the fridge and to warm up on a particularly cold night. I used chicken breast but you can easily substitute with thigh fillets or even pork, beef or turkey. This meal is naturally gluten free, dairy free, minimal-carb (if you use konjac noodles – I ate mine without noodles or rice) and refined sugar free. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp oil or coconut oil
- 500 g chicken (breast or thigh fillets), diced or cut into strips
- ½ leek (discard tough, dark green ends), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Singapore Curry Laksa Paste*
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 big Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ½ broccoli, tough parts of stalk discarded and cut into smaller florets
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml (½ can) coconut cream
- Good handful of leaves (I used spinach and kale)
- 1 cup cooked rice or konjac noodles
- 1 lime, quartered
- Handful of coriander for garnishing
- Heat the pan, add the oil then fry the sliced leeks until translucent and soft. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Singapore Curry Laksa Paste and allow to warm through to release the aromas. Add the chicken to the pan and coat in the curry paste.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms to the pan then add stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer. Add broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes then at the very end, before serving, throw in the leaves and stir through until wilted.
- To serve, add cooked rice or konjac noodles to each bowl then simply ladle the laksa into a bowl, being sure to create a good balance of chicken, vegetables and liquid. Garnish with lime wedges and coriander so each person can add to desired taste.
*NOTE: I prefer my dishes with tons of flavour so I use quite a lot of Latasha’s pastes in my cooking. For those who prefer a milder taste, simply use less paste. Latasha recommends 1 tbsp of paste for a dish that feeds two people and contains 500 g of your preferred protein.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.