Stuffed Sweet Potato with Tandoori Chickpeas
A healthy, hearty and wholesome low carb meal perfect for one or make a few to share.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 large orange sweet potato, baked whole or steamed
- 400 g can whole chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade
- 60 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 3 small bunches of coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- Salt flakes
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Prick the sweet potato all over, and lightly coat with sunflower oil.
- Bake on a rack in a baking tray for 45-60 mins until soft and tender but not falling apart. Alternatively steam for 40-45 minutes until tender soft but still firm.
- While sweet potato is cooking, heat sunflower oil in a saucepan on gentle heat. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade and heat for a couple of minutes. Next add coconut milk and a pinch of salt.
- Add chickpeas and gently mix to combine. Add chopped coriander leaves and leave to cool.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream with minced chives and a pinch of salt. Whip with a fork and set aside.
- When sweet potato is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then make a slit along the top of the sweet potato and gently squeeze the sides of the potato to open out the centres.
- Spoon the cooled tandoori chickpea mixture along the centre of the sweet potato. Serve with a generous dollop of the sour cream chives mix and a wedge of lemon.
TIP: You can also make a quick spicy salsa to serve with this dish by combining a couple teaspoons of minced red chilli and equal parts of chopped red salad onion, tomato, mint and coriander.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.