Malaysian Satay Chicken Lettuce Boats
These quick and tasty satay boats are guaranteed to liven up your weekend social get togethers. Create a quick stir fry with some diced chicken, coconut milk and peanut paste. Spoon into baby cos lettuce leaves to serve as an entrée or as part of a cocktail platter. Top with some crunchy roasted crushed cashew nuts and fine thin slices of extra red chillies for that extra hit of heat.
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 300 g chicken thighs, diced into bite size pieces
- 100 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 1 long red chilli deseeded, and sliced into long thin slices (optional but looks great)
- ½ tbsp grated palm sugar or 1 tsp honey
- Pics or Mayer’s brand crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp roasted cashews, pounded
- 9 baby cos lettuce leaves, washed and arranged on 3 plates or on a platter for sharing
Here’s what you need to do to:
- In a small saucepan, add rice bran oil, Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Paste, water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, pinch of salt and mix well.
- Pour in coconut milk, half the red chilli and palm sugar or honey.
- Bring to a quick boil, then add a few tablespoons of crunchy peanut paste for a nutty flavour.
- Simmer until proteins are cooked and sauce is reduced to a thick consistency.
- Cool then spoon onto the baby cos lettuce leaf boats.
- Top with cashews and the balance of the red chilli.
Note: Serves 3 as an entrée. You can double the number of lettuce leaves so that there’s a stronger wrap to hold the filling.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.