Red Chilli Relish with Apricot Chicken
This is a gorgeous, quick and fairly simple Sunday lunch idea to whip up especially if you already have some of these staples in your pantry and fridge.
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 cloves Australian garlic, minced
- 3 cm knob of ginger, finely grated
- 3 fresh red chillies, minced
- 1 kg mixed free range chicken pieces
- 120 g Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 400 ml apricot nectar
- ½ cup homemade or good quality chicken stock
- 2 tbsp real fruit apricot jam
- ½ small tub of sour cream
- Marinate chicken with Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish, lemon juice and crushed black pepper for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok with sunflower oil and when hot, gently caramelise ginger, garlic and minced chillies.
- To this add the marinated chicken and seal chicken pieces well over a moderate to high flame. Next add chicken stock and apricot nectar and bring to a quick boil. Then simmer with a lid on until chicken is cooked. Stir through apricot jam and sour cream and wait till the sauce thickens.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and arancini balls.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.