Latasha’s Jalapeno Onion Relish
Suitable cooking methods and use
Enjoy brushed over meats, seafood and vegetables on the barbecue, as a dipping sauce or as a generous topping over grilled and roast meats. Use it as a marinade for oven baking all types of meats, poultry and game. Works well when mixed through pasta, salads and casserole. Spread on baguettes, wraps, pizza or focaccia. Leave a jar on the table for adding more. A taste for everyone!
Ready to eat straight out of the jar or suitable for use in any cooking.
Recipes using Jalapeno Onion Relish
- Use as an accompaniment to barbecued beef, chicken, pork steaks and grilled seafood
- Use as an ingredient to make a salsa combining lemon juice with diced mango, tomato, cucumber and minced shallots, coriander and red chillies. Serve alongside grilled peppered prawns and avocado.
- Brilliant with chicken, pork or steak sandwiches
- Perfect added to canapés and other foods for entertainment
- Great as a topping on grilled stuffed tomatoes with cheese
- Mix with mayonnaise and combine with cooked potato as a cold salad
- Mix with olive oil and use with a brush to glaze skewered foods
Heat: Sweet & Slightly Spicy
This can be successfully blended with cream cheese, avocado, hummus and all types of cheese.