PANEER BUTTER MASALA
- 600g kg fresh paneer (ricotta), home made or store bought, cubed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- ½ Jar LK Butter Chicken Sauce
- 50 ml water
- 1/2 a tin cherry tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp methi leaves
- 3/4 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup double cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated jaggery or honey
- 2-4 hot green chillies, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of sweet paprika and dash of cream
- Mix the ricotta pieces with the sweet paprika then either grill or pan fry on one side until golden. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a fry pan and add onion and garlic and saute gently for 5 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes, paprika and ½ a jar LK Butter Chicken Sauce along with water.
- Bring to a simmer then add tinned tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Next add the pan fried paneer, tomato wedges, mix well, cook on a low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and methi leaves.
- Slowly mix in the whipped mixture, a little at time. and jaggery.
- Garnish with optional ingredients and serve.and serve.
- This recipe can be made with fried tofu pieces for those who are Vegans.
- Use olive oil and a good brand of Coconut Cream instead of the dairy products listed in the recipe above
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.