PANEER BUTTER MASALA
- 600g kg fresh paneer (ricotta), home made or store bought, cubed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- ½ Jar LK Butter Chicken Sauce
- 50 ml water
- 1/2 a tin cherry tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp methi leaves
- 3/4 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup double cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated jaggery or honey
- 2-4 hot green chillies, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of sweet paprika and dash of cream
- Mix the ricotta pieces with the sweet paprika then either grill or pan fry on one side until golden. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a fry pan and add onion and garlic and saute gently for 5 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes, paprika and ½ a jar LK Butter Chicken Sauce along with water.
- Bring to a simmer then add tinned tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Next add the pan fried paneer, tomato wedges, mix well, cook on a low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and methi leaves.
- Slowly mix in the whipped mixture, a little at time. and jaggery.
- Garnish with optional ingredients and serve.and serve.
- This recipe can be made with fried tofu pieces for those who are Vegans.
- Use olive oil and a good brand of Coconut Cream instead of the dairy products listed in the recipe above