Fresh Paneer Butter Makhani with Chickpeas and Peas
A tantalising, sweet, savoury and creamy dishbest made with homemade paneer.
3 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tin cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 500g fresh paneer (fresh ricotta) cubed
- Salt to tast
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp methi leaves, crushed (dried frenugreek leaves)
- 2-3 tsp crushed jaggery or honey
Or use ¾ cup sour cream and some honey
2 green chillies, sliced
Sweet paprika to sprinkle
- Prepare fresh paneer using our recipe or buy store bought ricotta or paneer from Indian grocers.
- Heat butter in a fry pan and add bay leaves, onions, garlic and cook 5 minutes on gentle heat.
- Then add 1/3 jar of LK Butter Chicken concentrate sauce, diced tomatoes, paprika, tinned tomatoes and garam masala.
- Bring to a simmer then add the rinsed chickpeas and frozen peas and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Next add the cubed fresh paneer and mix well, cook on a low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Slowly mix in the whipped mixture. Season with salt, pepper and ground methi leaves.
- Garnish with optional ingredients and serve.Tips
You can use coconut cream instead of yoghurt and cream or sour cream.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.