Chickpea Veggie Rogan Josh
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Latasha’s Kitchen Rogan Josh Paste (3 tbsp for hot)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 250 g green beans, remove stalk tip and chop
- 2 carrots, pealed and chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup washed greens
- 200 g plain yoghurt
- ½ cup chopped coriander (stem and leaves)
- Cooked basmati rice − so there is ¾-1 cup of cooked rice per person
- Heat oil and add Latasha’s Kitchen Rogan Josh Paste and chopped onion, cook 2 minutes
- Add chopped tomatoes, beans and carrots and cook for 20 minutes
- Add the chickpeas and greens and cook for ten more minutes
Allow the above mixture to cool (to prevent curdling of the yoghurt) before adding plain yoghurt and coriander and stir through OR if in a hurry to eat it add a dollop to your bowl and stir through.
- ¼ plate protein-rich food – provided by the chickpeas in the curry and the yoghurt
- ¼ plate low GI carbohydrate − ⅔ cup of cooked rice
- ½ plate vegetables – provided by the vegetable-rich curry and the salad
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.