Slow Cooked Rendang Osso Bucco
Classic Italian osso buco is given a twist with our Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste. This delicious and much celebrated coconut based paste combines bold Malaysian flavours and is traditionally served at festive times.
- 4 thick slices of osso bucco beef
- ⅔ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste
- 400 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 200 ml water, rinse out the coconut milk tin for more flavour
- 1 tbsp palm sugar, crushed
- Put oil in the base of the slow cooker. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste and allow to heat for 8 minutes on medium. Place the osso bucco pieces in the slow cooker and brown on all sides for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and water, bring to a quick boil. Then transfer slow cooker to it’s base and cook on Auto for 4 hours.
- Remove the osso bucco from the slow cooker and keep warm. Next reduce the sauce on the stove to a thick consistency and add palm sugar.
- Serve with rice, a simple raw or pickled salad with the marrow bones on the side.
- Osso Bucco can be served in a burger, with mashed potatoes, rice or salad.
- If using use veal Osso Bucco reduce the cooking time to suit.
- To give the dish even more flavour, try adding a bruised lemongrass stalk to the oil before heating the rendang paste.
- If you would like the dish to be spicier, add a couple of birds eye chillies or 2 fresh long red chillies.
- A couple of toasted and ground shredded coconut strips (frozen or dry) added at the end of the cooking time, will add extra texture and nuttiness to the rendang.