Slow Cooked Rendang Osso Bucco
Classic Italian osso buco is given a twist with our Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste. This delicious and much celebrated coconut based paste combines bold Malaysian flavours and is traditionally served at festive times.
- 4 thick slices of osso bucco beef
- ⅔ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste
- 400 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 200 ml water, rinse out the coconut milk tin for more flavour
- 1 tbsp palm sugar, crushed
- Put oil in the base of the slow cooker. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste and allow to heat for 8 minutes on medium. Place the osso bucco pieces in the slow cooker and brown on all sides for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and water, bring to a quick boil. Then transfer slow cooker to it’s base and cook on Auto for 4 hours.
- Remove the osso bucco from the slow cooker and keep warm. Next reduce the sauce on the stove to a thick consistency and add palm sugar.
- Serve with rice, a simple raw or pickled salad with the marrow bones on the side.
- Osso Bucco can be served in a burger, with mashed potatoes, rice or salad.
- If using use veal Osso Bucco reduce the cooking time to suit.
- To give the dish even more flavour, try adding a bruised lemongrass stalk to the oil before heating the rendang paste.
- If you would like the dish to be spicier, add a couple of birds eye chillies or 2 fresh long red chillies.
- A couple of toasted and ground shredded coconut strips (frozen or dry) added at the end of the cooking time, will add extra texture and nuttiness to the rendang.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.