Thai Red Poached Chicken and Sweet Potato
When you’re feeling like some comfort food … try this easy poached chicken dish which is both soothing and spicy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, fat removed, halved if small otherwise quartered
- 1 x shallot or small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 cups orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 140 ml chicken stock
- 140 ml Ayam Coconut Milk
- Big handful of baby spinach leaves
- Steamed rice
- Farmers Union Greek Style All Natural Yoghurt
- Generous handful coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Gently fry the shallot or red onion until soft without browning.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and seal the chicken and sweet potato in the pan.
- Stir in the chicken stock and coconut milk then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer gently for 12 minutes or until the chicken and sweet potato are cooked.
- Add baby spinach to the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice, a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkled with coriander leaves.
TIP: If the sweet potato needs longer cooking remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, set aside and add back to the pan with the spinach to reheat.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.