Peanut Chicken Satay
What I love about dishes like this is the balance between richness and freshness, perfect for transitioning seasons where you still want the texture of fresh vegetables but are needing a heartier hit too. The richness of the satay and the wholesomeness of the brown rice grounds you while the fresh zestiness of the salad makes it fly.
- Brown rice, steamed
- Bite sized strips of hot chicken
- Sauce ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Paste
- 2 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 140 ml coconut milk
- Hearty dashes of fish sauce to taste (you can also use salt but the fish sauce lends a richer taste without being too overwhelming)
- Finely sliced red cabbage
- Finely sliced beetroot
- Wedge of fresh lime to squeeze over everything
- Sprinkle of caraway and cumin seeds
Time to make magic…
- Bring 2 tablespoons of oil to heat in a small saucepan and add Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Paste.
- Fry the paste a minute so the spices in the paste release their delicious aromas and then add the cup of water and peanut butter.
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced and then add the coconut milk.
- Bring back to the boil, turn off the heat and then add a hearty dash of fish sauce to taste.
Scoop a heaped mound of brown rice in the bottom of your bowl, pour a generous serving of satay sauce over the top and layer with your hot chicken strips. Place a handful of cabbage to the side and top up with your sliced beetroot. Caraway and cumin seeds sprinkled on top add an extra flavour burst and boost your digestion.
Best enjoyed with loved ones and lots of laughter!
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.