Oysters Four Ways
2 dozen natural (raw) oysters, shucked or unopened if you wish to shuck them yourself
Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice or purchase a bottled option
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
2 tsp lemon juice
Dill tips and lime wedges for garnishing platter.
Zingy Tomato, Lime & Chilli Oil
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Zingy Tomato Chutney
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider
2 tsp fresh minced lime peel
Fresh lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes for garnishing platter.
Coriander, Jalapeño & Pink Grapefruit Sauce
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Jalapeño Onion Relish
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced fresh dill
1 segment pink grapefruit, chopped
2 segments pink grapefruit, chopped to garnish oysters, coriander leaves and fresh sliced red chilli
Creamy Chimichurri, Fennel & Panko Topping
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp finely minced fresh fennel
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce
1 tbsp finely minced fresh red chillies
3 tbsp fresh pouring cream
- For all oysters, be careful to keep all the natural liquid present within the oysters.
- Serve 6 oysters on a bed of ice with lemon or lime wedges and recommended garnish.
- For Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette style, mix up all the ingredients in a little bowl, then dribble over oysters. Garnish with fresh dill and lime wedges.
- For Zingy Tomato, Lime & Chilli Oil version, blend all the ingredients in a small bowl and then spoon generously over each oyster. Garnish platter with fresh lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes.
- For Coriander, Jalapeño & Pink Grapefruit Sauce option, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, beat with a fork until thick, then dollop over each oyster. Garnish each oyster with more chopped pink grapefruit. Garnish platter with fresh coriander, lime wedges and red chillies slices.
- For Creamy Chimichurri, Fennel & Panko topping, whip together all the ingredients until thick and creamy. Spoon over oysters then place under a hot grill – watch very carefully, don’t walk away, grill just for a few seconds until top of oysters are nice and golden brown. Serve oysters plated on a scrunched up foil.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.