Quick & Easy Vindaloo Curry
Latasha’s classic vindaloo is easy with her concentrated vindaloo paste. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Gently fry half a jar of paste in 3 tbsp oil with a cinnamon stick in a heavy pan for 2 minutes until aromatic, then add 4 tbsp white vinegar and cook for another minute or so.
- Add 750g diced pork, lamb, beef or chicken to the pan with some fresh curry leaves and salt.
- Combine the meat with the paste, stir for 10-15 minutes until the meat is well browned.
- Add two cups of water and salt to taste.
- Bring to a quick boil then simmer, covered, until tender.
- Add 1-2 tsp grated jaggery or palm sugar to taste.
- Reduce the gravy to a thick consistency.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and drizzle with hot mustard oil or ghee.