Quick & Easy Tandoori Chicken
This tandoori chicken is easy with my concentrated tandoori marinade. You can have a wholesome and delicious meal in a hurry!
Please note that 180 g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people.
Suitable cooking methods and use
- Make shallow slits into 1.5 kg chicken Maryland, cutlets, drumsticks or mixed pieces.
- Sprinkle salt & lemon juice, set aside for ½ hr.
- Mix ½ jar (3 tablespoons) Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade with ¾ cup yoghurt & salt. Marinate chicken overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200°C for 20 minutes then reduce to 180°C.
- Line baking tray with foil and oil, add marinated chicken.
- Add small dollops of ghee on chicken, cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn chicken, brush remaining marinade over chicken, cook for 10 minutes more without foil.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges, red onion rings, coriander leaves, sliced green chilies and minted yoghurt.
Make it cooler: This can be further cooled with yogurt, fresh cream, sour cream, cream fraiche, buttermilk or coconut cream.
Make it less creamy: For a less dairy based sauce, make a nutty, tangy, herb based tomato sauce by blending fresh lemon juice, fresh coriander and mint leaves, fresh tomatoes and with almond or cashew meal. Or use coconut milk and cream instead of yogurt and fresh cream.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.