Quick & Easy Homestyle Curry
This home style curry is easy with my home style paste concentrate. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180g concentrate makes 2kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- In a deep pot, heat 3 tbsp oil on low heat.
- Add ½ a jar (3 tablespoons) of paste, two diced tomatoes and ½ cup of water
- Simmer for five minutes then add 750g of meat, chicken or mixed diced vegetables.
- Fry for a few minutes, adding some salt to taste, until well sealed.
- Add 1 cup water and 1 large or 2 medium potatoes quartered, and simmer covered, till tender.
- Pour in 250ml of coconut milk or ½ cup of coconut cream or alternatively whip together a cup of yoghurt, 2 fresh tomatoes,a bunch of coriander leaves & stems and juice of a lemon.
- Stir this mixture gently into the curry until well combined.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. The gravy should be slightly reduced and not too thick.
This paste is the first recipe I developed for Latasha’s kitchen and still remains my favourite one to cook for family and friends.