Coriander Masala Stuffed Baby eggplant
Baby eggplants! I love these jewels. I first heard a customer of mine mentioning me how she loves to stuff eggplants with our Coriander Curry Paste and bake them to delicious softness. After several tries, I used the method outlined below. I enjoy making this dish as a side accompaniment to other mains when don’t feel like a full blown curry experience.
- 2 baby eggplants (long style)
- 1 heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 2 long green chillies, sliced lengthwise and deseeded
- 1 raw red salad onion, sliced into rings
- Sunflower oil
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Prick the eggplants all over then rub with salt and oil. Wrap in foil and cook in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes, until cooked but firm. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil with Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and warm over gentle heat for 5 minutes. Put mixture aside to cool.
- Cut a slit at the top pointy end of each eggplant. Insert a spoon handle into the slit and rotate it gently to make space for the stuffing. Stuff with about 6 small onion rings.
- Fill the chillies with the cooled coriander mix, then place inside the eggplants.
- Bake at 180˚C for 20 minutes.
- Serve with more red onion rings and raita, garnished with coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice.
SERVING TIP: Cut eggplant into slices. Then eat eggplant with stuffed chilli topped with onion from inside the eggplant, fresh coriander leaves, a dollop of raita and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.