SPICY CARROT AND LENTIL SOUP
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 x 25 mm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry leaves
- 600 g carrots, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups red lentils
- 1 litre stock
- 1 x 400 g can diced tomatoes
- Greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add the onion and Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste, cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the curry leaves and cook for a minute till aromatic.
- Add the carrots, stock, lentils and tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt if liked.