Indonesian Turmeric Chicken Curry – Mild
A delicious, nutty hand blended paste with fresh ingredients, spices and herbs – ideal with chicken, turkey, lamb and seafood.
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste
- 1.5 kg boneless chicken tenderloins, cutlets or breast
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp chopped pandan leaves
- 2 brown onions
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 125 ml coconut cream
- Lime juice, fried shallots, 2 tbsp kerisik (toasted coconut), 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
- In a heavy pan, heat oil, add cinnamon stick, star anise, pandan leaves, sliced onions and ground turmeric powder. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat until onion is caramelised.
- Next add Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste and water. Cook this sauce for 10 minutes then add meat of choice.
- Seal the ingredients in the paste for a few minutes until well browned. Add salt to taste, coconut cream and simmer covered until tender.
- Gravy should be reduced and thick. Garnish with lime juice, fried shallots, kerisik and chillies.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.