Indonesian Turmeric Chicken Curry – Mild
A delicious, nutty hand blended paste with fresh ingredients, spices and herbs – ideal with chicken, turkey, lamb and seafood.
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste
- 1.5 kg boneless chicken tenderloins, cutlets or breast
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp chopped pandan leaves
- 2 brown onions
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 125 ml coconut cream
- Lime juice, fried shallots, 2 tbsp kerisik (toasted coconut), 1-2 red chillies, finely sliced
- In a heavy pan, heat oil, add cinnamon stick, star anise, pandan leaves, sliced onions and ground turmeric powder. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat until onion is caramelised.
- Next add Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste and water. Cook this sauce for 10 minutes then add meat of choice.
- Seal the ingredients in the paste for a few minutes until well browned. Add salt to taste, coconut cream and simmer covered until tender.
- Gravy should be reduced and thick. Garnish with lime juice, fried shallots, kerisik and chillies.