Tandoori Chicken Roast
A delicious recipe that is ideal with meat on the bone such as a whole or butterflied chicken or turkey, drumsticks or maryland pieces. Whole lamb or goat legs/shoulders, lamb cutlets or lamb loin chops work just as well as a whole fish, king prawns or crayfish.
- 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce
- 2 kg Chicken maryland pieces
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 300 ml whipped natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Leggo’s tomato paste
- Lemon slices/wedges, sliced green chillies, red onion rings, fresh coriander and mint leaves
- Make shallow slits in chicken pieces and sprinkle over salt, lemon juice and pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes. Mix Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce with natural yoghurt and tomato paste. Spread marinade over chicken evenly, cover with cling wrap and leave overnight in fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 220˚C for 20 minutes then reduce to 200˚C. Line baking tray with foil, add sunflower oil and marinated chicken. Add small dollops of ghee over chicken, cover with foil, bake on centre rack for 20 minutes. Then lower heat to 180˚C, turn chicken pieces over, brush remaining marinade over chicken, uncover and continue cooking for 20 minutes more. Transfer to preheated grill for the last few minutes to char.
- Serve on a platter with garnishing ingredients and minted yoghurt. Drizzle with ghee.