Spicy Fish and Pumpkin Curry
- 1 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 green chilli
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 500 g fish, chopped in pieces
Serve with – salad and a wedge of lemon. I have shown garlic spinach here as well but you can just add more salad instead.
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes till the seeds are popping
- Add the Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste and fry for 1 minute while stirring
- Chop the tomatoes and add them with the coconut milk, green chilli, water and diced pumpkin and simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is just cooked
- Add the fish and simmer till just tender
- Remove the fish to a plate and keep it warm and simmer the sauce for another 5 minutes if needed till it reduces to make a more concentrated flavour and pour it over the fish
- Taste and season lightly if needed
- ¼ plate protein-rich food – a serve of the fish curry
- ¼ plate low GI carbohydrate – ⅔ cup of cooked rice
- ½ plate vegetables – the pumpkin in the curry, Kachumber (tomato/cucumber dish – see the side dish section) and I added garlic spinach (see side dish, a ‘quickie’ made from frozen spinach)
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.