Eggplant Kasaundi & Prawn Fry
A medley of sweet and aromatic fragrant spices makes this wonderful savoury chutney perfect for so many creative uses.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 whole red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- 125 g fresh cleaned banana prawns
- 2 tbsp water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Some yoghurt to drizzle (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and red chilli and sauté for a minute.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney, a little water, asparagus, a few tomato wedges and prawns and stir-fry until prawns are cooked.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice.
- As an alternative to prawns, try stir-frying sliced chicken tenderloin and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or cream, using the method above.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.