Minced Beef Kheema with Spinach
A dish that can be prepared with any type of mince including vegetable mince (green beans, carrots, spinach and peas)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger or ginger powder
- 2 tsp Kashmir chilli powder or sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 600 g premium beef mince
- 4 tbsp raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, then ground (optional)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (Logan’s or Bird’s Eye brand)
- 200 ml of water plus an additional spinkle of water
- Chopped green chillies (optional)
- Large handful of fresh coriander and mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala Powder (optional)
- In a deep saucepan, add oil or ghee, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamoms.
- Then add diced onions, a pinch of salt and cook until onion caramelises, approx. 15 minutes.
- Next add ginger and garlic, cook for a minute then add in the masala powders, Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste, diced tomatoes and a generous sprinkle of water and cook until the paste is matured and thick.
- Now add the mince and fry the meat in the paste until every piece of mince is well browned. Mix through the ground almond paste, frozen spinach and 200 ml of water. Bring to a boil then simmer the kheema on low to medium heat with a lid on for 45 minutes until the oil floats to the top.
- Tthen turn the heat slightly up and dry off some of the juice in the pan until the kheema is not too runny approx 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chillies, coriander and mint, lemon juice, salt to taste, and a spinkle of Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala Powder.
- Serve with fluffy rotis and some raita and kochumber salad.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.