Madras Pumpkin Masala
- 3 tsp (or to taste) Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp brown mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek
- 1 long screw pine/pandanus leaf
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 kg roasted butternut pumpkin cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp toasted mustard seeds, ground
- 1 tsp toasted rice, ground
- ½ cup toasted coconut, crushed
- Coriander or curry leaves
- Fresh cut green chillies
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, brown mustards seeds, fenugreek seeds, sliced screwpine leaves, curry leaves and sliced shallots. Cook for a minute then add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Paste, and a sprinkle of water.
- Cook for 3 minutes on low heat, then add roasted pumpkin, and stir to mix well. Add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil, then sprinkle with the toasted and ground mustard seeds, rice and coconut.
- Garnish with coriander or curry leaves. Sliced green chillies can be added.
Tip: Frozen peas can be added at Step 2.