Madras Pumpkin Masala
- 3 tsp (or to taste) Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp brown mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek
- 1 long screw pine/pandanus leaf
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 kg roasted butternut pumpkin cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp toasted mustard seeds, ground
- 1 tsp toasted rice, ground
- ½ cup toasted coconut, crushed
- Coriander or curry leaves
- Fresh cut green chillies
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, brown mustards seeds, fenugreek seeds, sliced screwpine leaves, curry leaves and sliced shallots. Cook for a minute then add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Paste, and a sprinkle of water.
- Cook for 3 minutes on low heat, then add roasted pumpkin, and stir to mix well. Add the coconut milk and bring it to a boil, then sprinkle with the toasted and ground mustard seeds, rice and coconut.
- Garnish with coriander or curry leaves. Sliced green chillies can be added.
Tip: Frozen peas can be added at Step 2.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.