Lemon and Mint Chicken Korma
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 750 g chicken drumsticks, skin off if you prefer
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 medium peeled potatoes, diced
- Salt to taste
- Juice of two large lemons − add ½ while cooking and ½ after
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves only, chopped
- Lemon wedges
Side dish − I served this with greens, rice, chickpeas and tomato which gives some extra vegetables including legumes and adds colour to the plate.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls of chopped greens
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, cut into eight wedges
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken and brown on each side for 5 minutes.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste,onion and salt then cook for 3 minutes or until the paste is fragrant.
- Add the other vegetables and half the lemon juice.
- Put on a close fitting lid, turn the heat down and let the mixture cook slowly for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze over remaining lemon juice, scatter with mint and serve with lemon wedges.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add garlic, chopped greens and cook for a few minutes.
- Toss through the cooked rice and chickpeas.
- Serve when hot with the tomato wedges on the side.
Note: Being non-conformist today I did not add yoghurt or cream to this Korma dish! You could serve it with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream if you like.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.