Quick & Easy Butter Chicken
This butter chicken is easy with my butter chicken sauce concentrate. Mmm, buttery chicken!
Please note that 180g concentrate makes 2kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Marinate 1kg diced chicken thighs or tenderloins with 1 tbsp sweet (not smoked) paprika, salt, 1 tbsp each almond meal and yoghurt for 10 minutes.
- Roast chicken for ½ hr in a hot preheated oven set at 180C.
- In a deep pot heat 3 tbsp ghee, ½ jar of Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce (3 tablespoons), 1 tbsp of sweet paprika, 3 diced tomatoes or half a tin and ½ cup water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick then add roasted chicken, some ground dried methi leaves (fenuegreek leaves) and all juices into sauce, simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whip 200ml natural yoghurt, 100ml fresh cream and juice of 1 lemon.
- Stir into this whipped mixture a portion of the chicken and sauce (prevents curdling) then pour the entire contents of the bowl back into the pot, mix well.
- Serve with chopped coriander and green chillies, and a sprinkle of almond meal. Sprinkle some methi (ground fenugreek leaf) and garam masala if you want a fragrant aromatic dish.
This can be further cooled with yogurt, fresh cream, sour cream, buttermilk or coconut cream. For a less cream based sauce, make a nutty, tangy, herb based tomato sauce by blending fresh lemon juice, fresh coriander and mint leaves, fresh tomatoes and with almond or cashew meal. For a spicy sauce add cayenne powder, minced green chillies or bird’s eye chillies. For a sweeter flaour, add in 1 tbsp grated jaggery (Indian palm sugar) or honey.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.