Spicy Madras Curried Lamb
From South India, Madras Curry Paste is great as a base for any number of curries.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1 kg diced lamb marinated in ½ cup of yoghurt and a pinch of turmeric
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- 4 hot dry red chillies, broken in ½
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, torn
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- Bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli – sliced
- In a pot, add oil and when hot crush in dry chillies, curry leaves and diced tomatoes. Cook for two minutes then add Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste, ½ cup water and cook for 5 minutes. Add marinated lamb, salt and green chillies to the pot. Fry in the spice mixture on fairly high heat until the meat is browned and no longer pink, approx. 10 minutes.
- At this point add enough water to just cover the meat and bring to a quick boil. Then simmer, with lid on and cook until it’s tender approx. 1 hour or until the oil starts to float to the top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, green chilli and lemon juice.