Chicken Tikka Skewers
Our tantalising tikka skewers are finger licking good and so easy to prepare ahead. Tikka pieces can be oven baked, barbecued or grilled on the stove.
- 1 kg diced chicken thigh fillets or use chicken tenderloins
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Paste
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 cup full fat natural pot set yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt
- 20 bamboo skewers soaked overnight
- In a bowl make a marinade for the chicken by combining tikka paste with sunflower oil and mixing it well until smooth.
- In this mix, add yoghurt and whip with a fork until smooth. Next add lemon juice and salt and have a quick taste. Adjust salt and lemon as necessary.
- Then add chicken pieces into the marinade and combine well. Cover with cling wrap and keep refrigerated for a few hours.
- When ready to barbecue, skewer chicken for grilling making sure the tip of the skewer is not exposed. When barbecuing ensure it’s basted with the marinade a few times.
- Serve drizzled with sour cream or extra whipped yoghurt and a side salad.
- Barbecued tikka can also be served with salad inside a wrap.
- Use any leftovers as a delicious pizza topping.
TIPS: You can also add ½ cup almond meal to the tikka marinade in Step 3 to give the chicken a charred appearance.
If oven baking the above, consider using chicken maryland chopped on the bone for additional flavour.
Tikka paste can be combined with tomato paste and fresh cream as an alternative marinade.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.