Butter Chicken with Rice
- Rice bran oil, as required
- 1 kg free-range boneless chicken thigh cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika (for extra heat add some hot paprika, hot chilli powder or cayenne)
- ½ tbsp yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- I punnet cherry tomatoes or use 2-3 fresh diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup yoghurt and ½ cup cream; whipped together. Alternatively use sour cream or buttermilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1-2 tsp Indian jaggery to taste or honey
- 2 tsp ground methi (fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala (optional)
- Chopped coriander
- Fresh cut green chillies (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Marinate chicken thigh pieces with a tablespoon of sweet paprika, salt, yoghurt and lemon juice for 10 minutes.
- Oil a baking tray, place chicken on the tray as flat as possible then sprinkle over 2 tablespoons of almond meal. Bake in a hot oven for 40 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile heat a large saucepan with a little oil, add ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce, a tablespoon of sweet paprika, ½ cup water, cherry tomatoes, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. When the roasted chicken is ready, pour into the pan with all the juices.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes then turn off the flame. Cool then just before serving stir in whipped yoghurt and cream, lemon juice and combined almond meal, jaggery, methi and Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala (optional).
- Garnish with chopped coriander and green chillies (optional).
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.