Burrata, Chilli and Balsamic Spaghetti
A delightfully quick and simple dish to whip up and impress your friends. Thanks to Donna Hay for this recipe inspiration.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli – finely minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 burratas, torn
- One generous bunch of purple sprouting broccolini florets, quickly steamed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- Over gentle heat, add Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil and chilli flakes to a fry pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- In the same pan fry the minced red chilli for 30 seconds.
- Then add Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the pasta in this mixture then divide it between 2 bowls.
- Serve topped with garlic crisps, torn pieces of burrata, purple brocollini florets, salt and pepper.
NOTE: Burrata means buttered. It’s mozzarella that’s formed into a pouch and then filled with soft, stringy curd and cream. Look for burrata in Italian markets, cheese shops and in the cheese section of specialty grocery stores.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.
Oops! We could not locate your form.