Thai Green Chicken Curry
Make a fragrant chicken curry with green curry paste also known as kreung gaeng keo wahn. It’s made with fresh green chillies and aromatic herbs including coriander, basil, white pepper, wild ginger and lemongrass.
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 750 g chicken thigh diced
- 250 g mixed diced vegetables – apple eggplant, pea eggplant, bamboo shoots, baby corn, carrots, green beans, mushrooms or bok choy
- 500 ml coconut milk
- Fish sauce or gluten free soya sauce or salt to taste
- Palm sugar
- Sliced green chillies
- Fried shallots
- Fresh Thai basil, torn
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Stir-fry Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste in oil with coconut cream for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and fry for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, soya sauce or salt and mixed vegetables like sliced eggplant, corn, bamboo shoots and peas and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until chicken and vegetables are done. Remove lid towards the end of cooking time and continue cooking until gravy is reduced.
- Sprinkle over ½ teaspoon of palm sugar and garnish with Thai basil and coriander leaves, sliced green chillies, fried shallots and some lime juice to taste. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.