Stuffed Sweet Potato with Tandoori Chickpeas
A healthy, hearty and wholesome low carb meal perfect for one or make a few to share.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 large orange sweet potato, baked whole or steamed
- 400 g can whole chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade
- 60 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 3 small bunches of coriander leaves and stems, finely chopped
- Salt flakes
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Prick the sweet potato all over, and lightly coat with sunflower oil.
- Bake on a rack in a baking tray for 45-60 mins until soft and tender but not falling apart. Alternatively steam for 40-45 minutes until tender soft but still firm.
- While sweet potato is cooking, heat sunflower oil in a saucepan on gentle heat. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Marinade and heat for a couple of minutes. Next add coconut milk and a pinch of salt.
- Add chickpeas and gently mix to combine. Add chopped coriander leaves and leave to cool.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream with minced chives and a pinch of salt. Whip with a fork and set aside.
- When sweet potato is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then make a slit along the top of the sweet potato and gently squeeze the sides of the potato to open out the centres.
- Spoon the cooled tandoori chickpea mixture along the centre of the sweet potato. Serve with a generous dollop of the sour cream chives mix and a wedge of lemon.
TIP: You can also make a quick spicy salsa to serve with this dish by combining a couple teaspoons of minced red chilli and equal parts of chopped red salad onion, tomato, mint and coriander.