Quick & Easy Meat Kuruma (Korma) Curry
This classic korma is easy with my concentrated kuruma paste. You can have a wholesome and delicious curry in a hurry!
Please note that 180g concentrate makes 2kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Marinate 700g diced meat with yoghurt or oil and half of the jar of paste (3 tablespoons) and 1 diced tomato.
- In a deep pan, heat 3 tbsp ghee or oil and fry meat for 10 minutes until well sealed.
- Add salt and enough water to cover meat.
- Bring to a quick boil, then simmer, for 40 minutes.
- Next add 300g of mixed combined vegetables like carrots, a few grape tomatoes, potatoes or sweet potatoes, green beans or peas, and 1 cup coconut milk and simmer again covered for another 30-40 minutes until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Blend 1/2 cup yoghurt, 1 tomato, some mint and coriander leaves.
- Gently combine this mixture into sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes more. The gravy should be thick.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice, sprinkle of toasted cashew nuts and raisins, almond meal or flakes, green chillies and coriander leaves.