Crayfish (Lobster) with Beetroot & Balsamic Dip
1 cooked crayfish, cut in half (length ways)
3 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Beetroot & Horseradish relish
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp tabasco sauce
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Place the lobster on a chopping board on its back and stretch the tail out so the lobster becomes flat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the centre of the lobster on the underside of the body. Slide the knife down the tail and cut straight down the middle.
- Turn the lobster around and cut through the top of the lobsters head and down the tail.
- Pull the lobster apart and clean the head area.
- Carefully place the lobster meat back into the shell pink side up. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the meat.
- Place crayfish on a serving platter. Serve with dipping sauce on the side and with a fresh crunchy salad.
PS. Crayfish can be prepared steamed, boiled, grilled or purchased cooked.