Coriander Potato & Peas Curry
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger and garlic
- 3 fresh green chillies, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 700 g potatoes, parboiled with skin on then peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 1 bunch baby spinach leaves, washed
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Water as required
- Chopped coriander leaves, sliced green chillies (optional), lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion with a pinch of salt and cook until golden. Add ginger and garlic, cook for a minute then add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste. Mix well, add a few tablespoons of water to make into a sauce then add green chillies and tomatoes.
- Simmer over low heat and mash all together to release and combine the flavours. Stir continually for about 5 minutes then add ½ cup water and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the parboiled potatoes, peas, salt and coconut milk. Bring to a quick boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the lid and add the baby spinach leaves. If there is too much water cook on high without the lid until most of the juice evaporates.
- Adjust salt to taste, squeeze over some lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies.
Note: Eggplant and peas work very well with this recipe as do chicken, lamb or seafood such as fish or prawns.